Wednesday, October 29, 2008

ABC Wednesday: "O" is for Oak Tree


ABC Wednesday is an easy choice for anyone that lives in the Southern United States - oak trees are everywhere.  Their long, gnarly, twisted branches, often draped in moss or ferns, make for great photo subjects and provide plenty of great shade to escape the hot southern sun.

This particular oak is found in Bulow Plantation State Park near Flagler Beach, Florida.

Visit Mrs Nesbitt or the ABC Wednesday anthology for all the ABC Wednesday fun.


7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm leaving at tropical country but I don't think we have Oak trees here.
Timber such as belian and meranti is very expensive here.
By the way you have nice shot for letter 'O'.
Have a nice day.

Oman said...

very nice. the sky is so blue. perfect shot.

Linda said...

Those old oak trees are beautiful. To think they outlive us all. I need to take a picture of the that Old Tree downtown. Your post reminded me if it.

Bear Naked said...

The mighty OAK tree is an excellent choice for the letter O on ABC Wednesday.

Bear((( )))

earthlingorgeous said...

You just reminded me of the song Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round the Old Oak Tree! :) Lovely shot!

ChrissyM said...

I beat this tree looks even cooler on halloween night, gives it a whole another prospective. Lovely photo and I love that blue sky. Thank you for being part of ABC Wednesday.

David B Katague said...

I love oaks trees, reminds me of the oaks trees here in Sacramento. Cheers!