Tuesday, March 10, 2009

ABC Wednesday: "H" is for Hemming Plaza

ABC Wednesday this week brings us a view of downtown Jacksonville and Hemming Plaza, with the Federal Courthouse on the side (with the blue windows).  In the middle we find a fountain and a monument to Jacksonville's soldiers that fought in the American Civil War from 1861-1865.  These shots were taken from the 5th floor of a building on the east side of the plaza that houses the Main Branch of the Jacksonville Public Library and the Museum of Contemporary Art (where a photo of our kitten currently hangs on exhibit!  See previous posts for more about that. :)  )  






Visit the ABC Wednesday blog for all the wonderful Wednesday shots each week.

8 comments:

Tumblewords: said...

Terrific photos! Thank you for the peek...

Karyn said...

Very interesting choice for H. I especially like the first photo, overlooking the plaza.

photowannabe said...

Nice choice and pictures for the letter H. the pool and fountain is lovely.

Rune Eide said...

I liked the line-up you had on the first shot. It gave just the right feeling of depth to the picture.

PS Thank you for the pleasant comment! You are probably right. It was designed by the world famous Norwegian Architectural fim Snøhetta which has had many prestigious projects, among them The National September 11 Memorial and Museum in New York.

nonizamboni said...

Nice collection of 'urban' photos. Looks to me like a great place to visit.
Greetings from Minnesota!

Dragonstar said...

You have a wonderful collection of shapes here. I can't decide whether I like the first or the second best, though they are all excellent.

Cindy said...

Thanks for the quick trip to Florida! I think I even felt warm for a few minutes!

Lois said...

Thanks for posting these pictures! I haven't been downtown in Hemming Park for years. My grandparents met each other in this park back around 1918 when my grandfather worked for Western Union.