Thursday, January 10, 2008

Bonus Thursday Post: Our New Kitten!

Making her debut in our house (and our blog) is our brand new kitten, adopted tonight - Mischa. She looks a little like a Russian Blue, though she is certainly not a purebreed, so we decided to give her a Russian name. Since the original Russian Blue cats came from the Archangel Islands in Northwest Russia, Michael is the Ark Angel, and Mischa is the feminine form of Michael in Russian (according to the name site we referenced) - hence her name is Mischa.

She is about 3 months old, tiny, and very, very sweet. It only took her about 5 minutes in the house to begin playing and loving on us and letting us pet her and purring, etc. She's adorable. :)



5 comments:

Sharon said...

Awww...she looks just like Spooky did. :)

Allen said...

Welcome Home Mischa!

Meggie said...

Looks like a lovely addition to your home.

Kerri Farley said...

She is a cutie! I had a cat this color when I was a little girl...of course my original name for him was Smokey...oh well...not much imagination I guess. This little girl reminds me of him! Thanks for the memories!

claudia said...

Hi Alan, you don't know me but I was looking at blogs for Russian blue cats and found your pictures. I enjoyed seeing them. Your new little kitten Mischa is adorable and looks just like my old mama cat I just lost this week. I was doing some research and found that these cats are also known as archangel cats. I had not known that before today, but how appropriate it is. My old mama cat was surely an angel to me and my family. She was the smartest cat I have ever had. She was special and God brought her to me for a reason I know. I wrote about her on my blog and have pictures also if you might be interested. God bless you and your family and have a wonderful day. Enjoy your sweet kitten. Thanks for your time. claudia