Friday, December 28, 2007

Sky Watch Friday



Photo taken December 26, 2007 in Gainesville, FL in a garden by a lake on the campus of the University of Florida. Beautiful place. In spite of UF being a rival of my favorite college team - the Florida State Seminoles - I make exceptions to visit Gainesville at least once or twice a year because it is a beautiful little city with an excellent pair of museums, rolling hills, and one of our favorite restaurants - Grandy's. :) (I like Tallahassee, too, it is just farther to drive. Go 'Noles!)

16 comments:

Sharon said...

Very pretty sky, nice shot. I like the zig zag pattern of the clouds, eyecatching.

SandyCarlson said...

That's a peaceful photo. Looks like it could have been taken in the North, too!

dot said...

It DOES look peaceful.
I've been in the Gainsville and Tallahassee areas and it's so pretty there! Well that was some years ago so it's probably changed a lot.

Lilli & Nevada said...

Beautiful, looks like it was painted with a brush

Garden Angel said...

Nice photo!
Have a nice day tooo!!!

Rune Eide said...

Your shot shows the importance of "framing" the picture. Well done!

Paulie said...

I always enjoy a contrasting "thing" in the foreground of landscape photos. Gives depth and draws my eyes to the scattered clouds beyond.

Galla Creek said...

Very serene.

bcmomtoo said...

That's a very nice sky. Beautiful picture!

Sharon said...

There's some beautiful scenery around there

Kerri Farley said...

Looks like a beautiful spot!
Nice skywatch post!

Andrea said...

The sky looks peaceful. Great shot.

DigitalShutterMania said...

It looks peaceful. This is awesome : )

I am Digitalshuttermaian and I just join this awesome blog roll.
Nice to meet you
Cheers,
DSM

Carla said...

Great shot, Alan. I've never visited Gainesville. Maybe someday!

Carla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie365 said...

Yup, Sharon, sure is nice scenery around there! His name is Tim Tebow! :-)