Wednesday, July 2, 2008

ABC Wednesday: "X" is for Xyloid


Everyone's favorite letter this week - "X". In the case of ABC Wednesday I find that X most certainly does NOT mark the spot.

Nevertheless, X is the letter and so an X word it shall be: Xyloid - of or like wood; woody.

And so I present pictures of wood in various uses:

A park bench:

A boardwalk for a nature trail:

A wooden statue of a pirate:

Wooden barrels:


Head over to Mrs. Nesbitt's Place, where X does always mark the spot for ABC Wednesday fun.

12 comments:

Jerez Sherry said...

Very Imaginative!!

Lol, clever man!

esnorway said...

nice x good pic

Rena said...

Nice collection!
Wish I could take a walk on that boardwalk!

Bear Naked said...

I am learning so many new words today that start with the letter X.
Yours is an eXcellent choice.

Anonymous said...

A comprehensive selection. It is surprising how 'X' is being presented thias week.

mrsnesbitt said...

LOL at your comment about heading over to my place!
Great post as always.

Dx

Anonymous said...

Mister, you are a clever one ... changing an X into a W allowed you to bring some great photos!

me ann my camera said...

An interesting new word to add to my vocabulary!

AphotoAday said...

Xyloid -- great word -- can't wait to use it so I can sound like I am smarter than I am...
Hope you are having a great X day.

Louis la Vache said...

"Louis" thanks you for your visit to San Francisco Bay Daily Photo.

"Louis" is up past his cowbell in a work project for the next several weeks, so he may stop by and take a look but not sign the 'guest registry'.

Leslie: said...

Ah, very nice! A new word for me.

lv2scpbk said...

Love that board walk photo.